Re: [femm] Modeling a loudspeaker motor

dartagnan1212 wrote:

I am new to FEMM and I would appreciate some help.

I would like to use FEMM to compute the force exerted on a voice coil
carrying 1A immersed in a magnetic gap. I would then like to move
this coil within the gap and plot the force at a range of positions.

Is this possible with FEMM? Can someone give me some pointers on how
to go about this?

I'll appreciate any and all help.

Thanks in advance,

Bill

Yes, this is just the sort of thing that femm is designed to do. You could either model your motor and manually move and evaluate the force at each position via the "Lorentz Force" integral. Or, you could use a short script to automatically evaluate a range of position. See http://groups.yahoo.com/group/femm/message/1379 for a scripting example that does what you are after.

email: dmeeker@xxxxxxxx
www: http://femm.berlios.de/dmeeker