Re: [femm] Re: Problem on DXF Output .

acembuselik wrote:

--- In femm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, David Meeker <dmeeker@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi David,
I have posted the DXF output file to "Files" section related
on "2horse" example. The name of the file "DXF output file related on
2horse". Can u check this file. Thanks..

It looks like what's going on is that I wrote the dxf export so that objects in different numbered groups are assigned to different "layers" in the DXF file. Things that are in group 1 are assigned to a layer called "layer 1" and so on. The 2horse example has the rotor and stator assigned to different numbered groups, so it exhibits this construction in the exported DXF files.

When I export the 2horse example and try to view it in Voloview, it gives the error message that you had described. It appears that what's going on is that Autocad (and Voloview) /really/ doesn't like the space in the layer name. If I do a global search and replace in the DXF file, changing "layer " to layer", the file then seems to view OK in Voloview. I hadn't noticed this before, probably because I tested the DXF export with TurboCAD, which doesn't care whether or not there are spaces in the layer's name.

Anyhow, I'll fix this in the next minor release of the program. In the mean time, the manual search-and-replace is a work-around.

Thanks a lot for pointing this out--I really appreciate it.

email: dmeeker@xxxxxxxx
www: http://femm.berlios.de/dmeeker