Transient Magnetic Field Analysis

I am attempting to model the magnetic field of an electromagnet with a
step input of current to the coil (this is an axisymmetric problem).
I understand that FEMM can model the effect of eddy currents &
hysteretic losses on a "magnetic circuit" for a given frequency, but
currently does not have the capability of modeling a DC bias. Is
there some way that I could correlate the AC response at several
different frequencies to predict the behavior for a step input?
Additionally, I've used FEMM to calculate the inductance of the
circuit, but I'm guessing that this does not take into account the
generation of eddy currents due the rate of change of the field?
Please let me know if I'm way off here or what I can do to model this
problem accurately.

Thanks for your help,

Mike Craft