Re: [femm] This software able to solve the electrostatic problem?

Nicholas Lim wrote:
     Hi, thank for create this software.i still not understand about
the performance of this software.my question is can we calculate the
electrostatic potential and plot the contour using this software??
thank
Currently, there is a separate electrostatics version called Bela, which you can get at http://femm.berlios.de/bela.htm

I've been working on a "Multiple Document Interface" version of femm that includes the femm preprocessor and postprocess, the graph plotter, and  the bela preprocessor and postprocessor all in one program.  For the Lua fans out there, this means that in the MDI version, there is just one instance of Lua running that can access multiple input geometries and multiple outputs simultaneously (i.e. without having to make annoying "postprocessor scripts").  It also provides an extensible framework for adding in other types of problems (obvious candidates for future implementation would be heat flow and low frequency current flow (i.e. quasielectrostatics) problems).

So far, I've glued everything together into one MDI program all talking to one instance of Lua, which seems to work OK--this was actually took quite a bit of work to do.  However, there are still a couple of things that I want to do before I "unleash" it.  I've been thinking about a better implementation of the "circuit properties" that will support series connections and wound coils in a more natural way, as well as possibly driving "circuits" via prescribed terminal voltages rather than prescribed currents.  I've also been thinking about the right way to make femm into an ActiveX automation server, so that other applications (e.g. matlab) can talk to femm interactively, rather than just calling femm as if it were command-line program.

Dave.