Re: Need some help fo my masters

--- In femm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "ash_atalla79" <ash_atalla79@xxxx> wrote:
> HI.. this is Asraf Atalla, Cairo University... I'm new here also
new
> in this field... I'm intending to have my masters in applying the
> electro magnetic field analysis on machines ... can anyone help me
> and suggest some topics to be conserned, hope they r new,
interesting
> and good for me as a beginner?
>
> Thanks alot for ur help...

How about finding an analytic magnetic field solution in the air gap
for a PMSM having spoke or inset magnets. The solution for rotors
having surface mounted magnets is well documented in the literature,
but no one has solved the spoke or inset case. You can use FEMM to
confirm your analytic results.

Duane Hanselman