Re: [femm] how do I model a torroidal transformer ?

The torroidal transformer *is* axisymmetric, but when drawn
that way the currents go around the small circle and the
magnetic field is perpendicular to the page. I don't think
femm solves this situation.

Instead and approximation is to draw the cross sectional
view in x-y form and set the total length to the median
circumference.

The "crunching" of the field at the inside curve won't show
up, but it will get you started.

- Robert -