crude 3D modelling in BELA

All,

I'm developing a crude method of modelling 3D objects in BELA. I'm
simulating a multilayer PCB capacitor with circular pads and an off
centre via and clearance hole.

The method I have used is to use LUA to draw a top cross section of
the pads in BELAdraw. This is then divided up and cut into "vertical
slices" by LUA, using the modified selectnode() function discussed
earlier in http://groups.yahoo.com/group/femm/message/2163

These results are written to an array, and accessed to draw and
simulate each slice individually. The results are added up and the
end result is presented using a message box.

I'm at the stage now where the cross section of the pad stack
capacitor is being sliced up and successfully drawn. This is then
triangled and at the point where it can be simulated.

I will update when I have written more code.
questions? comments?

regards, and thanks for the help so far
James