Rif: [femm] Block of Iron

Try with A=0.1 or less for left boundary.
Actually you have set a too intense field. Remember that B=(A1-A0)/L and L
is actually 0.07m (7cm).
Bye
_______________________________
ing. G.Bortolan

Sincro srl
via Tezze, 3 loc. Cereda
36073 Cornedo Vicentino (VI)
ITALY
Tel: (++39) 0445 450 500
Fax: (++39) 0445 446 190
e-mail: Giovanni.Bortolan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
tecnico.sincro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.sogagroup.com

REA 194515/VI
Reg. Imp. 20968/VI 116
P.IVA 01925820241

Dilney
<dilneyfej@yahoo Per: FEMM Groups <femm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
.com.br> Cc:
Oggetto: [femm] Block of Iron
07/10/2003 18:34
Per favore,
rispondere a
femm

Hi people,
About the problem of a block of iron (M-19 steel) sitting in a magnetic
field I have the following questions:
1 - The magnitude of flux density |B| is very high; reaches 16.0 Teslas !
Are B values given per unit depth ?
2 - When I try to run FEMM using the non-linear B-H curve for the M19 steel
in the block region, flux plot suggests high saturation, e.g., flux lines
are away from right angle configuration at air-iron interface.
3 - I am trying to compute force acting on straight lines (contour)
parallel to the top of the block. I expect net force (Fy) to decrease
(always ?) as contour moves away from top of block.
Thanks for anybody's help.

Dilney

Dylto

Yahoo! Mail - o melhor webmail do Brasil. Saiba mais!

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service. (See
attached file: block of iron.FEM)