[FEMM] How do you interpret inductance values? And predict inductor Q?

How do I interpret inductance values?  And predict inductor
Q?

I'm using 2d to draw a cross section of copper going
through core material.  The core material has an
appropriate gap to prevent saturating the core material.

The core material has permeability and is conductive.

The copper is included in "circuit" which sets total
current.  The current is set to a positive value.

I use the integral A.j over the copper area to find the
inductance.  The answer comes back with a value of uH close
to the value expected, but has a "loss" term of -j which
represents resistive losses. The ratio of inductance to
losses predict a Q of around 4, seems very low.

Investigating where these losses originate, I find there
are substantial eddy currents in the core material.
 Drawing a line from across the core produces and plot of
Js + eddy current produces a plot which shows there is a
real negative value of current and an imaginary component
of current.  The real value is negative meaning that it is
coming back into my face with the imaginary part doing the
same but 90 degrees out of phase.

This is impossible?!  The core material is finite in length
and unterminated.  The current has no place to flow,
therefore cannot exist.  Is this assumption correct?

How do I predict the Q of this inductor?

            - Robert -