Re: [FEMM] Two phase induction motor

On 12 Dec 2003 at 13:34, Francois Disch wrote:

> hello!
> I'm looking for such a model too.
> I've found some in http://www.camacho.prof.ufu.br/pwtech01_24.pdf, but some of the parameters remain unclear.
> I've you found a propoer method to modelize this?
>
> thanks
>
> F. Disch

Dear F. Disch,
We are working on it using FEM and Matlab based on a previous
work donne for the three-phase induction motor and on the
manufacturer three-phase and single-phase motor body (From
WEG a brazilian motor manufacturer).The data we have for the two
phase motor is from laboratory studies. It is a bit tricky to make the
state-variable model for the two-phase motor since it is
magnetically unbalanced (in the way we are thinking it). It is based
in our paper recently published in the JEE - vol. 3 - 2003, called
"Uniform Rotating Magnetic Field Produced by Double-Phase
Vooltages - A Generica Approach". In my humble opinion it is a
very versatile idea since it can work with two phases extracted,
from a network with star or open delta connections.
If you want more information or to extend further this exchange of
ideas drop me an e.mail privately to <jrcamacho@xxxxxx> I can
send you a copy of this paper.

Sincerely yours.

Prof. J.R. Camacho
Universidade Federal de Uberlândia
School of Electrical Engineering
Uberlândia - MG - Brazil
<jrcamacho@xxxxxx>J.R. Camacho (PhD)
ATP-EMTP-CLAUE-08 - IEEE Member:01981539
Rural Electricity and Alternative Energy Sources Lab.
UFU - School of Electrical Engineering - P.O.Box: 593
38400.902 - Uberlandia - MG - Brazil - e.mail:jrcamacho@xxxxxxxx