[FEMM] LIM modeling

I need help in solution of the following task.
It is required to create a model of an induction
device, capable to rotate a metal "wheel" of a
rectangular cross section, about 1 meter in a
diameter, at a speed of several  turns per second.
As far as I know, it can be achieved  by application
of bow-shaped linear induction motors  with
longitudinal or transversal closure of a magnetic
flux.
One more condition is the symmetrical distribution of
the elements of an induction system on a perimeter of
a working solid.
Is it possible to model the task and  take the
good-enough solution in a case of transversal closure
in a 2D approximation?
Could somebody give me advice, what type of the motor
most approaches for a solution of this task and how
to construct a model by tools FEMM in the best way?

Another question is how  FEMM computes a bulk coil
resistance. As I understand, it takes in account the
"wire" length in z-direction but  not the full length
of the turns.
Sorry for my English, I am from Russia.