Re: [FEMM] FILL FACTOR

Santiago Salamanca wrote:

Hi, everyone.

in the Data TEAMProblem28 Dr. Meeker define a coil with 960
Turns
an another coil with -576 Turns, both with i=20A
?How to define the "fill factor" for each coil?

You have to multiply the conductivity of the bulk coil material by the fill factory and enter that value as the conductivity for a wound region. This is still sort of a kludge--I'm planning to put in a parameter for wire gauge so that the program will figure out the fill factor itself based on the wire size and number of turns.

?Are both coils in serie, oder is a coil as the "PRIMARY" and
the another as
the "SECUNDARY" a Transformator?

Thanks

Santiago Salamanca

For this particular example, both coils are connected together in series (i.e. not like your typical transformer). I did this because this is sort of a benchmark problem, and that's the way that the benchmark was connected. See http://ee.ascs3.uakron.edu/team/problems/problem28.pdf Although FEMM doesn't solve the transient simulation described in the TEAM writeup, one can compare the final steady-state position reported in the writeup with a FEMM simulation.

Senior Engineer
Foster-Miller, Inc.
350 Second Avenue
Waltham, MA 02451-1196