Re: [FEMM] Updated development version

Israel Kehaty wrote:

Hi David:

Are you planing to have a version for GNU Octave (the windows version) too?

Sincerely,

Israel Kehaty

No, I'm not planning a version for Octave. Although Octave mirrors the functionality of Matlab in many ways, it doesn't have ActiveX support like Matlab. Octave might be able to communicate with FEMM via named pipes (i.e. the popen2 command in Octave, etc.), but I'm not sure that these built-in mechanisms will work right on a Windows platform. Maybe someone will figure how to do the communications and contribute the code. The situation is the same for Scilab (another widely used Matlab-like but freely available program).

Dave.