[femm] Re: Moron's guide

i.co-@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/femm/?start=15
> Could anyone (if they have one) send a moron's guide to on how to get
> magnetic field out of the magnet that I have drawn. I seem to be
> missing something (in the manual not my head), that is stopping me
from
> producing a magnetic field and its influence upon a near-by object.
> While the manual is very comprehensive, its not quite step by step.
> Thankyou
> Ian

I've been meaning to write up some simple tutorial examples in detail,
but I haven't had time to get around to it yet. I wrote up an example
of the application of femm to a magnetic bearing (at
http://members.aol.com/GMagnetics/brg/brg.html), but this example ended
up being more complicated than a tutorial for beginning users (whoops).

Anyhow is anyone interested in writing up a simple example? If so,
I'll post it on the femm webpage.

http://members.aol.com/dcm3c