[femm] holding force

I have a problem.
 I need to determine an electromagnetholding force but I don't know wether using Maxwell stress tensor or not. The electromagnet I'm studing has a mobile part attracted by the fixed part, at the end of its stroke the moving part touches the fixed one: if I use the stress tensor to determine the attractive force, I must define an integration path that crosses both the ferromagnetic core of the moving part and the air around it perhaps causing a spurius answer to be determined. A possible solution could be studing the attractive force produced when the mobile part is very close to the fixed part without touching it, but I wonder if it is possible studing the real case.

Thank you in advance.

Gabriele Bellussi.