[femm] Re: No Subject

In a message dated 11/10/99 12:54:00 PM Eastern Standard Time,
R.R.D.Shah@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Does anybody know of any electrostatics finite elemet 2d package that is a
> shareware version with atleat 300 noes. If you do know fo such a program
> please let me know and the url from where i can donwload it.
>
> Thanks,
> Rishi

The student version of quickfield 3.4a does electrostatics, and some copies
that are out there have a 500 node limit. Note that this is the older dos
version of the quickfield program, not the new 4.2 version--the student
version of 4.2 is more limited in the number of nodes it allows (200 nodes?).

FlexPDE has a free educational version that advertises 400 nodes.
(http://www.pdesolutions.com/sdmenu.htm)

Field precision has an education version of their electrostatics solver with
a 10,000 node limit. See at http://www.fieldp.com/educa.html I think that
you might have to buy a book from them to get a copy, or the program comes
free with textbook purchase, or some such.

You also might check out GetDP, which is freely available at
http://www.montefiore.ulg.ac.be/~geuzaine/getdp.html

I've been meaning to put together an electrostatics version of femm, but I've
never gotten around to it....

http://members.aol.com/dcm3c