[femm] Re: Drawing circles & Another AC analysis question

In a message dated 11/11/99 4:21:56 PM Eastern Standard Time, Dcm3c@xxxxxxx
writes:

<< Now, inductance is:
L=4*E/abs(i)^2
The 4 gets in there (rather than a 2, like in the mstatic case) because we
are working in terms of amplitude, rather than rms quantities. Likewise,
resistance is: >>

I'm assuming that E is calculated over the whole problem area (i.e. over the
whole FEA region ?

Also, when I do the integral over my coil volume to get total current, I get
Total = Real + j(Imag) since there is a phase shift and amplitude change.

I'm assuming that abs(i)^2 = Real^2 + Imag^2, or the amplitude^2 of the
current. ?

Thanks.