[femm] Re: User's manual

In a message dated 11/19/99 12:53:05 AM Eastern Standard Time,
mathewsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> In his tutorial, Ian Stokes-Rees refers to a user's manual ["Users
> should first refer to the FEMM user's manual..."] Did I somehow miss a
> file when I downloaded the program, is it imbedded in the program, is
> it at another site, or what?
> In particular, I am interested in how the program handles fields
> associated with induced currents such as eddy currents and currents in
> secondary windings on transformers.

There are two ways to get to the manual. If you accepted the default
installation options, there should be a "FEMM Manual" entry in the Femm part
of your windows Start menu. Alternatively, you can get to it by choosing
Help:Help Topics off of the main menu of either the pre- or post-processor.
Note that the manual is a pdf document, so you need Adobe's free Acrobat
Reader installed to view it (go to
http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep.html to download it, if you
don't have it).

The section of the user manual that talks about the eddy current problem
formulation is section 2.1.2

http://members.aol.com/dcm3c