[femm] Femmview plots

I should preface this in saying that I am _not_ particularly
knowledable concerning EM fields, so please feel free to correct me!

After creating an axisymetric model of a single conductor current loop,
femmview shows the contour lines radiating outwards in the plane of the
loop, but the flux density |B| (the coloured plot) radiates along the
axis, rather than the current loop plane.

What do the contour lines represent?

Why does it appear that one "field strength" is maximal along r (the
plane of the current loop) and one is maximal along z (the axis of
rotation)?

Does this have to do with the summation of the field strengths along
the axis?

I had this "feeling" that there was a null field line along the axis of
rotation, but now I am doubting that. Can someone please clarify? Is
there any flux along the axis of a circular symetric system?

Thanks,

Ian.