[femm] Re: Hi!

> For Agnaldo:
> Hi,
> I write you because I find in your message much interesting things;I'm
> assistent theaching in Romania and I have just start my PhD thesis.The
topic of
> My thesis is Electromagnets (an analisys with finite element method).If you
are
> interested in any kind of colaboration(documentation,disscutions...) write
me.
> Cristi
>
>> Hi, people!
>> This is my first message to the list and I would like to introduce myself:
>> I am a brazilian physicist and I am working in my doctoral thesis about the
>> numerical simulation of the magnetic response of superconductors.
>> The motivatioin behind this kind of simulation comes from the growing
>> importance of superconductors in the project of electrical machines.
>> However, due to the odd electromagnetic properties of that materials the
>> simulation of those machines is almost impossible in a commercial FEM
program.
>> I hope that in this list, I can learn and discuss important topics about
FEM
>> simulation of electromagnetics.
>>
>> Agnaldo

In founding this mailing list, I was hoping that we'd get some of this sort
of discussion going. That is, understanding the sort of problems that are
important to other people, and hopefully learning something new in the
process.

Agnaldo--I am aware of a few of the "odd" properties of superconductors, but
I don't understand them thoroughly enough to include them in femm. What
behaviors are you trying to model? Would you be interested in helping to
incorporate a better understanding of superconductors into femm? (This goes
for everyone--it might be interesting to get more manpower working on making
improvements and extensions to the program.)

Cristi--Similar questions. The finite element analysis of electromagnets
covers a lot of territory. What particular applications are you interested
in, and what sorts of extensions do you envision to present techinques to
address the problems that you are looking at?

http://members.aol.com/dcm3c