[femm] Re: Can you help me?

"Vladimir V. Popov" wrote:

> Hello David,
>
> I'm Vladimir, PhD student from Moscow Power Engineering Institute,
> Electromechanical Department.
>
> Could you suggest me, where can I find more information about materials
> listed in FEMM repository. Most important things to know are
> technological properties, composition and usage.
>
> I remain yours truly,
> Vladimir reply to: vpopov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have data sheets on some of the materials, but on the majority, I just have
the BH information.

For some reason, the manufacturers of magnetic materials are sort of behind
the curve when it comes to putting their product specs on the web. The best
way is to contact the manufacturers and get data sheets on the materials you
are interested in. However, there are some possible useful pieces of info on
the web. You might try the websites some of the steel manufacturers. They
have some useful information online, and they all give contact info that you
can use to get data sheets on specific materials.
http://www.cartech.com/products/products.htm
http://www.armco.com/pma/glance.htm
Also, there are some magnet manufacturers that are online:
http://www.magnetsales.com/materials.html
http://www.ssmc.co.jp/english/seihin_e.html
http://www.bondedmagnets.com/webindex.htm

You also might check out the Thomas Register site
(http://www.thomasregister.com/). Search on "magnets" and "electric steel".

Sorry that this info is predominantly US companies--I tend to be the most
aware of them due to where I'm located.

Dave.

begin:vcard
n:Meeker;David
tel;fax:781-890-3489
tel;work:781-684-4070
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://members.aol.com/dcm3c
org:Foster-Miller, Inc.;Electrical and Electronic Systems Group
version:2.1
email;internet:dmeeker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Senior Engineer
adr;quoted-printable:;;350 Second Avenue=0D=0A;Waltham;MA;02451-1196;USA
fn:David Meeker, Ph.D.
end:vcard