Re: [femm] Magnetic Properties of Nickel 200 ??

In a message dated 8/8/00 11:30:32 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
peter.ceelen@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Can anyone give me the magnetic properties of Nickel 200 (relative
> permeability, B-H curve, and sigma)or direct me to a website with the
> information? I am using Nickel shunts in an aqueous environment to
> avoid corrosion problems. The properties of fresh water would be
> interesting as well, for the moment I am using air values for my
> water filled cavities.

You could try matweb:

http://www.matweb.com/SpecificMaterial.asp?bassnum=NINC00&group=General

They have some of the properties that you are after, but not all of them.
The best bet is always to contact a manufacturer--then you have an idea of
the range of properties that they can guarantee, rather than just some
numbers from a book with no notion of manufacturing tolerances, etc.

Dave.