Re: [femm] Linear induction motors

In a message dated 8/6/00 9:57:30 AM Eastern Daylight Time, jrcamacho@xxxxxx
writes:

> We are also interested in the possibility of coupling the program
> with time domain analysis. Anyone has the experience or a hint on
> how to do it with FEMM.

This isn't really a trivial thing to do. I have used the program to obtain
values for a parametric model of the machine, which could then be used for
transient analysis. However, femm isn't to the point yet where you can just
plug in an external circuit. If you are interested in adding some
functionality, I can send the source for femm 3.0. (I've decided to release
this version under the Aladdin Free Public License, but I just haven't gotten
around to packaging the source in a coherent way, or wrapping up a bunch of
relatively small changes that I need to make to the beta to make it a release
version).

http://members.aol.com/dcm3c