Re: [femm] Force calculation on an axisymmetric model

Just to confirm what Dave said, I did some tests where
Quickfield said there should be some force on an all
permanent magnet arrangement, but building it showed zero.
When the mesh is reduced to about 0.01 units around the area
of measurement the error went away and showed zero.
Please note that "zero" could be around 9-10N/m. So
expect an error margin of about 10N/m in any fine mesh
calculation. It could be plus or minus. So the conclusion
is that a fine mesh calculations gives more accurate results
with a tolerance of 10N/m or so.

Regards,
Dave Squires