Re: [femm] LIM

g.bellussi@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> There is a book on linear induction motor. Here it is all the information you need:
>
> "Induction machines for special purposes", E. R. Laithwaite,
> London George Newnes Limited
> Tower House, Southampton street,
> London W.C. 2
>
> This book starts with an explanation of the linear induction motor theory (short stator effects, short rotor effects) and then analises some applications.
>
> Gabriele Bellussi

Another classic is:

S. Nasar and I. Boldea, ``Linear Electric Motors: Theory, Design and Practical Applications,'' Prentice-Hall, 1987, ISBN: 0135368634

This book may be in a local engineering library, but it is out of print. Nasar has a newer book on linear motors that is in print. The entry on Barnes and
Noble is:

Linear Electric Actuators and Generators
I. Boldea Syed A. Nasar S. A. Nasar
Our Price: $64.95
In Stock: 24 hours (Same Day)
Format: Hardcover, 247pp.
ISBN: 0521480175
Publisher: Cambridge University Press
Pub. Date: April 1997

Dave.

begin:vcard
n:Meeker;David
tel;fax:781-890-3489
tel;work:781-684-4070
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://members.aol.com/dcm3c
org:Foster-Miller, Inc.;Electrical and Electronic Systems Group
version:2.1
email;internet:dmeeker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Senior Engineer
adr;quoted-printable:;;350 Second Avenue=0D=0A;Waltham;MA;02451-1196;USA
fn:David Meeker, Ph.D.
end:vcard