回复: [femm] Re: Calculation of self and mutual inductances

Before you caculate inductance or mutul inductance, you have to formulate
your problem in such a way that all the currents (space, surface or linearly
distributed) but one are set to zero. There must be no permanent magnets in
your model. In that case equation above becomes xtremely simple and you can
get inductance value as :
L = 2 * -----
I^2
where E is stored magnetic energy and I is the only current(amp-turns).
This question is used for selfinductance caculation. It's more exact than
flux linkage caculation.

Also, you can get mutul inductance use flux linkage method by the below
equation:

L = ----
where φ is the flux linkage with the coil excited by current I(amp-turns).

for plannar problem:

∫A ·dS ∫A ·dS
φ = RightSide(--------- ) - LeftSide(---------)
∫dS ∫dS

where A is the vector magnetic potential; RightSide and LeftSide denote the
right and the left side of the coil accordingly.

The difficult to use this equation is that we can't get dS from femm. But if
we choose a uniform mesh density in coil cross section and the mesh is dense
enough,
we can assume that each dS is a constant in the cross section. So the
equation become easy to caculate by femm:

φ = RightSide( ∫A ) - LeftSide( ∫A )

Hope this can help you.

si hang