Re: Calculation of self and mutual inductances

> Are you dividing the result FEMM gives you by the current in the
coil
> squared? If so are you using the correct value for the current? If
> you have multiple turns the current scales with N... I did some
> calculations like this when I started using FEMM and got some
> incorrect answers due to faulty current values. Be sure to add up
all
> cross sectional areas of conductor multiplied by their respective
> current densities. This solved the problems I was having...

Ooops, this is wrong. Current doesn't scale with N, current is
current. Make sure you get the correct value of current in your
conductor though, by multiplying the cross sectional area with the
current density for that conductor. A good cross-check, like the last
poster suggested, is to use the magnetic energy-inductance relation,
Ub = 1/2*L*i^2 -> L = 2*Ub/i^2, where Ub is the magnetic energy.
FEMM will give you Ub in the block integral section...