bug report

It's been brought to my attention that the sign of the flux density in
axisymmetric problems in femm30 is wrong.  In trying to "fix" the flux to be
a few decimal places more accurate than in the 2.1a version, I accidentally
flipped the sign.  For most purposes, this shouldn't greatly effect your
results, since the magnitude of the flux is correct.  However, this error
messes up the magnitude of the flux in elements adjacent to interfaces
between materials, which could lead to erroneous force calculations if a
contour for stress tensor integration is drawn close to an interface.

Anyhow, I have posted an updated version of the femm30 distribution and
source to the homepage at http://members.aol.com/gmagnetics  I've also
uploaded a "fixed" version of femmview to the "files" section of egroups at
http://www.egroups.com/files/femm/

Kudos go out to Alan Simpson for noting this bug.

Sorry for any inconvenience,

http://members.aol.com/dcm3c