Re: [femm] Re: Incorrect force direction

----- Original Message -----
From: dcm3c@xxxxxxx
To: femm@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, January 02, 2001 6:42 AM
Subject: Re: [femm] Re: Incorrect force direction

The program is doing the right thing--the force generated by your
configuration is just really close to zero.

Not so.........

Hi Dave,

I have attached a Qfield (Ver 3.4, 500 nodes max) screen shot of approx the same
sim which shows a force of 29.574 N @ -1.497 deg (to the right). Note the flux
distortion of the magnet's field is also to the right.

Here in Oz a Newton of force is worth about 100 g of pressure, so if the model
had a real depth of say, 10 cm we should expect to see about 290 g of force
pushing the magnet into the horizontal centre of the parallel bars according to
the Qfield result.

Actual duplication of the setup in reality does show a good generation of a
centring force on the magnet.

Greg