Re: [femm] eddy-curr in a tube

In a message dated 4/4/01 10:01:28 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
rlbrambilla@xxxxxxx writes:

Hi, femm-friends

I have a tube of finite length=2L, inner-radius=b,
outer radius=a, relative  mag. perm.=mur,
el. conductivity=sigma.
An infinite alternating current line  Io.exp(jwt) is positioned
(1) on the axis of the tube;
(2) parallel to the axis, out at a distance.
Do you know if any analytical
solutions for eddy currents in the tube exist to compare with FEMM analysis?

Thank you in advance Roberto.
Roberto Brambilla
CESI
Via Rubattino 54
20134 Milano
tel +39.2.2125.5875
fax +39.2.2125.610
rlbrambilla@xxxxxxx

This seemed like it might make an interesting test case. I figured out an
analytical solution for the case where you have a wire carrying AC running
down the bore of a finite length steel tube and compared it to femm's
solution of the same problem.  I think this is the same as your case (1).
Check out:
http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/gmagnetics/tube/tube.htm

http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/dcm3c