Re: [femm] high performance computing options for FEM

Greg,
How many nodes and elements in the total mesh?
The 4-6 hours might not be unreasonable.

I work with transistor level IC simulation at millions
of transistors and simulations of overnight or even days
is not uncommon depending on function and simulation
time. The algorithms are similar for matrix solving
and Newton iterations. So if your simulation is big
with a small mesh and a million nodes/elements then
4-6 hours is not that bad.

Regards,
Dave Squires