what frequency range can FEMM be used in?

hello everybody,

i am new to this group, let me first introduce myself..
my name is cornelius paul, i graduated from university last year
and have recently begun to work as a free lance electronic engineer.
i am a novice to using the FEM method for electromagnetic devices.
at the moment i am studying various books on the topic, some of them
have been mentioned on this mailing list. i am also in the process
of reviewing various software packages available. i have cross-read
the whole web-archive for this mailing list and found some great hints,
thank you!!
discovered the fabulous freeware FEMM with great surprise and read all
your positive comments..

the only reason i need an electromagnetic field FEM software right now is
that i
have to do a research on different concepts for a high voltage transformer.
the device will be operated at 50kHz, maybe later the frequency range will
be extended to about 200kHz.
i need to compute the following parameters:
- main and leakage inductance (good accuracy needed)
- rms, skin and proximity losses (average accuracy needed)
- core losses (average accuracy needed)
(sinusoidal currents will do fine as a first approach, arbitrary current
waveforms
would be great.)

the manual says the FEMM software is to be used for "low frequency
applications"
but i have not found what frequency range is meant by "low"

so my question to the experienced group is:
is the FEMM package suitable for the given frequency range and needed
computations?

as stated, i am just beginning with FEM based computations and do so on
a rather restricted field of research. I would therefore happily use a
freeware
program rather than paying a huge amount for a software i might not need
later on..

your comments are very much appreciated
thank you!

regards,
cornelius

--
Machen Sie Ihr Hobby zu Geld bei unserem Partner 1&1!
http://profiseller.de/info/index.php3?ac=OM.PS.PS003K00596T0409a

http://www.gmx.net