RE: [femm] addcontour, bitmaps and other LUA bits

--snip--

>When drawing contours in the post-processor if you left click it picks the
>nearest point so it must know how to do it somehow - now I'm confused!

Ah, I meant in the lua bits. In the user interface there are two separate
commands when in contour mode, left button and right button. One adds new
contours, one selects based on node positions. LUA currently only has the
add function.

>Well the list could be endless but:
>
>I never (well hardly ever) use windows bitmaps (BMP) because they are so
>big, nearly 1.5M for a normal sized window dump. I usually use TIFF which
>only needs about 150k for the same dump and it can be compressed even
>smaller. However, if you are trying to make animations then probably the
>easiest form is GIF, which is also small in native form, smaller than TIFF
>I think. The only problem I have found with GIFs is that they tend to have
>a speckled background in what you would think should be white.
>
>You can of course convert from one form of bitmap to another. I use
>IrfanView to do this because its small, fast, can handle batch conversions
>and is FREE!

>For inclusion in a document I usually use metafiles so the EMF copy in FEMM
>is useful.

Any idea where I can get specifications on the file format for EMF. I think
it would be nice to use the 'more basic' bitmaps and a good efficient
picture like metafiles (and as these are the two options Dave has provided
anyway for copying to clipboard !). I think it wouldn't be unreasonable if
you require other formats to use an image editor with a batch convert
facility.

Robin
robin.cornelius@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx