RE: [femm] features

Robin,

Isn`t lua great !

Yes, could have been made for the job!

>I can't find any way of pushing a filename onto the stack from inside a
>pre-processor script and popping it off in a post-processor script, has
>anyone managed this?

No you can't with the existing version as the pre and post processor use
different instances of lua, so they are seperate.
my development version allows you to pass variables over the command line in
the form varname=variable eg filename=bitmap04.bmp, then this is added to
the global variable scope of the post processor script.

Sounds ideal to me.

>It may be useful to be able to input data from the keyboard to a
>pre-processor script while it is running, say via a little dialogue box.

A good idea.

Could the LUA print and read() commands be used? It would require a window to write to though.

.... so a manual refresh seems the ideal.

I agree.

>And finally...

>Would it be out of the question with the save_bitmap command to save a
>section of the window rather than all of it?

Ahead of you there, I have been experimenting with it, I can get it done but
I am trying to do things in a way that minimises any changes to the main
femm and femmview code.

Great minds!

Keith.