Re: [femm] features

Robin (and group),

I've been using the LUA stuff a lot over the last few day so a few comments for your lists.

I've found that many of the original LUA functions work as you would expect, in particular the trig functions are useful. In have found a way around the lack of edit_circuit by defining a LUA function which deletes and then adds a new circuit of the same name. You can incidentally make a file of functions and "include" it using dofile(".."), the functions have to be at the start of a script.

I can't find any way of pushing a filename onto the stack from inside a pre-processor script and popping it off in a post-processor script, has anyone managed this?

It may be useful to be able to input data from the keyboard to a pre-processor script while it is running, say via a little dialogue box.

The problems with save_bitmap are really a pain, If you could put this high on your list it would do wonders for my frustration levels!

A little detail which may not seem important but really does make a difference when you are writing scripts. Is there any reason why some commands have underscores in them and some don't? For example add_material add_pointprop addarc addblocklabel. Would it be more logical if they were more consistent?

I would agree with Carl about the windows - either refresh them (which would slow things down) or allow them to be minimised. The option would be nice in both pre- and post-processor. Thinking about this, could a "refresh" command be a simple fix for the save_bitmap problem?

And finally...

Would it be out of the question with the save_bitmap command to save a section of the window rather than all of it?

Keith.