From: dcm3c@xxxxxxx [mailto:dcm3c@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2001 8:40 PM
To: femm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [femm] Re: Permanent Magnet Modeling

--- In femm@xxxx, afetech@xxxx wrote:
> Does anyone have models for permanent magnet materials
> other than the ones included. I am particularly interested in
> ferrite and ceramic magnets.
>
> Thank you, in advance.
>
> Jeff Tola
> FE Technical Services

Sebastia Jardi has put up some information on various types of PM materials
(including different grades of ceramic magnets) gathered from several sources
at:
http://www.fut.es/~sje/femmpmm.htm

There are also some manufacturers who have some pdfs with demagnetization
curves for ferrite magnets. These provide more detailed information on the
magnet properties as well as curves for different temperatures. Group Arnold
seems to have the most info online about this type of magnet.
http://www.grouparnold.com/products/ferrite/ferrite_catalogs.htm
http://www.grouparnold.com/products/ferrite/pdf/arnoxcat.pdf
http://www.grouparnold.com/products/ferrite/pdf/jmpferritecat.pdf

Also, a pretty neat document I recently ran across is "Permanent Magnet
Guidelines" that contains a lot of great information about permanent magnets:
http://www.duramag.com/engmach/MMPA%20PMG-88.pdf

Dave Meeker
--
http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/dcm3c