Re: [femm] Worked example needed

Jim,

At 21:14 04/09/01 +0000, you wrote:
I have two problems. Can anybody supply a worked example of a simple
multilayer coil wound on a steel core. I would like to work out the
inductance. I have modelled the coil and calculated the inductance
using the E and I values

I don't think I get what you mean by E and I values, can you explain.

Keith.

but I get an answer which is 1 million times
too small. I am obviously doing something silly here. Since this is
a basic problem I'm sure somebody can put me right.
The second problem is how to get axisymmetric models to calculate.
No matter how I draw the model, I get an error message when I press
the calculate button. Once again I am sure this is s trivial problem
but there is no information in the manual to help.

Anyway - Femm is brilliant and I look forward to learning how to use
it more effectively.

Regards

Jim Bloor