RE: [femm] script convention

At 12:47 04/09/01 -0700, you wrote:

I prefer consistency in commands/arguments naming convention: by using
the underscore to separate words in commands/arguments no one has to
guess where one word ends and the next begins.
Carl

As far as I can see Lua itself does not use the underscore except when it's adding things like "lua" to the front of commands which are used for the application program interface. The normal lua commands, those which are not FEMM specific but that are likely to be used in scripts, are simple compounds such as openfile(), closefile(), readfrom(), writeto() etc. In my view it is sensible to keep this convention so that all script commands are the same, i.e. no underscore.

Keith.

Keith Gregory Department of Electronic & Electrical Engineering Loughborough University Phone: 01509 227025 Fax: 01509 227014 Department web: http://www.lboro.ac.uk/departments/el/