Re: [femm] script convention

Well, the no underscore seems more intuitive to me, too, because of the same
line of reasoning as Keith. However, about an equal number of people seem to
prefer the underscores. Therefore, I plan to just make each command callable
with either convention, because this is really easy to do. In fact, the
version now in the files section already does this (with the exception of the
-window_hide thing, which will be fixed). The reason that this is really
easy is that you map lua function names onto C++ functions with a line like:
lua_register(lua,"save_bitmap",lua_savebitmap);
Rather than having to write and maintain two separate functions that are
identical except in name to support both conventions, one just needs to add
the additional line:
lua_register(lua,"savebitmap",lua_savebitmap);
which maps the alternate name to the same C++ function.

In this case, it's easy enough to satisfy everyone.

Dave.

begin:vcard
n:Meeker;David
tel;fax:781-890-3489
tel;work:781-684-4070
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/dcm3c
org:Foster-Miller, Inc.;Electrical and Electronic Systems Group
version:2.1
email;internet:dmeeker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Senior Engineer
adr;quoted-printable:;;350 Second Avenue=0D=0A;Waltham;MA;02451-1196;USA
fn:David Meeker, Ph.D.
end:vcard