-----Original Message-----
From: Keith Gregory [mailto:k.gregory@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent:	Wednesday, September 05, 2001 00:07
To:	femm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:	RE: [femm] script convention

At 12:47 04/09/01 -0700, you wrote:

>I prefer consistency in commands/arguments naming convention: by using
>the underscore to separate words in commands/arguments no one has to
>guess where one word ends and the next begins.
>Carl

As far as I can see Lua itself does not use the underscore except when
it's
adding things like "lua" to the front of commands which are used for the

application program interface. The normal lua commands, those which are
not
FEMM specific but that are likely to be used in scripts, are simple
compounds such as openfile(), closefile(), readfrom(), writeto() etc. In
my
view it is sensible to keep this convention so that all script commands
are
the same, i.e. no underscore.

Keith.

Keith Gregory
Department of Electronic & Electrical Engineering
Loughborough University
Phone: 01509 227025 Fax: 01509 227014
Department web: http://www.lboro.ac.uk/departments/el/

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to