Re: [femm] H in magnets

I seem to remember some discussion about this a while back.  Check out Message 607.  There's a link to some explanatory info on that page that I think has gone bad since the message was posted.  Instead, look at:
http://www.magnequench.com/tech_resources/tech_center/reference/reference_main.html

Dave Meeker

marco valcavi wrote:

Hi!

I noted that there is a strange calculation of the H
field in the permanent magnets.

I inserted data about a ceramic ferrite, following the
instruction, so I shifted the demagnetization curve to
the right to meet the origin.
I include this magnet in an axisimmetric magnetic
circuit with steel and a gap.

Inspecting with FEMM (3.0 and 3.1) the H field, I
found that the output of the H field (Hout) is
different from the correct value (Hcorrect):

  Hcorrect=Hc - Hout

where Hc is the coercitivity field .

This strange value affect all the calculation based on
the H field inside the magnet.

bye (ciao)

Marco

begin:vcard
n:Meeker;David
tel;fax:781-890-3489
tel;work:781-684-4070
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/dcm3c
org:Foster-Miller, Inc.;Electrical and Electronic Systems Group
version:2.1
email;internet:dmeeker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Senior Engineer
adr;quoted-printable:;;350 Second Avenue=0D=0A;Waltham;MA;02451-1196;USA
fn:David Meeker, Ph.D.
end:vcard