RE: [femm] lua scripting

;
;Hi everybody
;
;In a Lua setgrid() is not available for preprocessor.
;Since i find comfortable switching from polar to cartesian coordinates and
;vice versa for adding nodes, is there a way to do this?
;I think about setgrid() for preprocessor or, better, something like
;addnodepolar(r, theta) and eventually selectnodepolar(r, theta).

you could very easily create an addnodpolar() user function as you have full
maths functions in lua
eg.

function addnodepolar(r,theta)
x=r * sin(theta);
y=r * cos(theta);
addnode(x,y);
end

remembering to switch sine and cosine to be approprate for your 0 degree
point.

just insert that at the top of your lua script and it can be used like any
other function.

you can build a whole libray of these sort of functions. Maybe if i get five
minues I will create a polar include library as above but for all functions
with co-ordinates. then you can just use

dofile(polarinclude.lua)

to insert the polar routines!

;Another question.
;Is it possible to create a recording of the interaction with femm, in Lua?
;I mean something like a macro recording in Lua.
;In this way it would be very fast to set up a problem directly in Femm, and
;than manage modifications in Lua.

I thought about that when I first started adding lua to femm. It would be
very nice to turn recording on press buttons etc and have a lua script of
what you did. Maybe in the future ? ( A lot of cold rainy nights are ahead
for winter!)

Hope that helps

Robin

_______________________________