Re: [femm] complex inductance???

you se-ho wrote:

To dear Everyone:

How are you?

>So the imaginary part of the inducance contributes a real part to the
> >impedance, associated with losses.  You could interpret the (w Li) >term
>as the frequency-dependent part of the circuit's resistance.  The >real
>part of the inductance the forms the imaginary part of the >impedance,
>associated with inductive energy storage.

Dr. Meeker said the wLi contributes to the circuit's resistance. Does it
mean that when I calculate the complex inductance, the multipilication of
imaginary part of inductance and angular freqeuncy should be same resistive
loss?  At least the simualtions I played with, I could not get any
correlation. The imaginary part of inductance is too low.

No, the loss that you get by calculating (1/2)*omega*Li*i^2  is just the core loss.  This is in addition to the resistive losses in the coils.

Dave.

begin:vcard
n:Meeker;David
tel;fax:781-890-3489
tel;work:781-684-4070
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/dcm3c
org:Foster-Miller, Inc.;Electrical and Electronic Systems Group
version:2.1
email;internet:dmeeker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Senior Engineer
adr;quoted-printable:;;350 Second Avenue=0D=0A;Waltham;MA;02451-1196;USA
fn:David Meeker, Ph.D.
end:vcard