Re: [femm] Hoole Reference

In a message dated 11/5/01 9:51:04 PM Eastern Standard Time, lkloesel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Dear All:

I was trying to locate a copy of the reference of-

"SRH Hoole. Computer-Aided Analysis and Design of Electromagnetic
Devices. Elsevier, New York, 1989.

I found two local libraries which have the Elsevier book
I do not believe Elsevier has this book in stock.

Another book by Prentice-Hall keeps appearing:

"Computer Aided Analysis and Design, S. Ratnajeevan Hoole
Format: Hardcover, 1st ed.
ISBN: 0135006384
Publisher: Prentice Hall PTR
Pub. Date: January  1989"

It certainly looks like the same book, but a different publisher.  Can
anyone tell me if these are the same books?

Thanks

Well, the copy that I have is the Elsevier edition, and inside the cover it says that the ISBN number is 0-444-01327-X.

I haven't heard of a Prentice-Hall edition before.  The 0135006384 number comes up on Barnes and Noble under the "Computer-Aided Analysis and Design" title, and it says that they have it in stock and will send it to you for US$73.75.  On Amazon, the number comes up with the title, "Computer Aided Analysis and Design of Electromagnetic Devices," but they don't have it in stock.  This is curious....

http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/dcm3c