Re: [femm] FEMM crashes

Willem-Jan Ouborg wrote:

> I run a large loop in FEMM, doing many simulations appox. 900, using a Lua
> script. After the script runs for a little while it crashes on me (performs
> illegal operations and completely shuts down). Occasionally however the
> script manages to run all the way through though! I created a little wait()
> function to cause the program to wait at certain points, sort of an a whim,
> however it has not really helped. Anyway ideas or tricks to make things run
> more smoothly?
>
> I have attached the dr.waston error log and my lua script (etch_hold.lua is
> the main, intergal.lua is the post process)
>
> It seems to crash around line 132 in lua script (in second loop)
>
> thanks, willem

It seems like there's some sort of resource leak that can eventually lead to a
crash when the various components are opened and closed via lua scripting enough
times. I don't know exactly what is causing the problem, but I'll try and
figure it out. Some of the modifications to the lua-relation sections of the
program that Robin Cornelius has told me that he is experimenting with might
help this problem, e.g. linking into a lua dll.

Dave.

begin:vcard
n:Meeker;David
tel;fax:781-890-3489
tel;work:781-684-4070
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/dcm3c
org:Foster-Miller, Inc.;Electrical and Electronic Systems Group
version:2.1
email;internet:dmeeker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Senior Engineer
adr;quoted-printable:;;350 Second Avenue=0D=0A;Waltham;MA;02451-1196;USA
fn:David Meeker, Ph.D.
end:vcard