Re: The contour creation for force calculation

The small mesh should be used around the solenoid components and the
air gap, but some distance away you can use a larger mesh size to
speed up the calculation. You can see an example using two sizes here:
http://web2.airmail.net/jd4usa/guncoil5.htm

(The outer-most boundary that defines 'infinity' is not shown in this
illustration.)

When the field strength is large, the BH curves supplied with FEMM
should be extended with more data points so the relative mu
approaches unity. You can plot the field for your problem to see if
you're outside the range of the original BH curve data.

-- Jim