Re: permanent magnet in harmonic analysis

--- In femm@xxxx, E-J Borkent <eborkent@xxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> You told me that I could superimpose the results from
> the static and the harmonic analysis. Is it possible
> to export the data to a database or elsewhere in order
> to be able to add the results easily.
>
> If I understand your answer well, it is not possible
> to analyse the effect of an alternating current in my
> coil in the field of a permanent magnet?
>
> I added my file to this e-mail. Thanks
>
> E-J Borkent

Well, it just isn't possible to get both effects at the same time,
because you can only analyze one frequency at a time. The magnet
produces a DC field, and the coil an AC field.

Anyhow, if you are interested in superimposing the fields manually, it
is possible to dump data to disk, for example, off of a regularly
spaced grid. You have to use Lua scripting to do it, but it's not
that big a deal to do. There is an example at: