Re: permanent magnet in harmonic analysis

Hello,

You told me that I could superimpose the results from
the static and the harmonic analysis. Is it possible
to export the data to a database or elsewhere in order
to be able to add the results easily.

If I understand your answer well, it is not possible
to analyse the effect of an alternating current in my
coil in the field of a permanent magnet?

I added my file to this e-mail. Thanks

E-J Borkent

--- In femm@xxxx, David Meeker <dcm3c@xxxx> wrote:
> eborkent wrote:

I want to simulate a copper coil with an alternating
current through it in the field of a permanent magnet.
When I do this, I believe the field of the magnet is
oscillating too. Is that true and what can I do about
this?
E-J Borkent

In femm, you can only consider one frequency at a
time. The field from a permanent magnet is a dc
phenomenon. When you analyze a problem with a
permanent magnet at a frequency other than zero, the
magnet just looks like a block of plain material with
the same permeability and conductivity as the magnet.
You'd do this sort of analysis, for example, to look
at eddy currents that you might induce in the PM
material due to AC current in the coil.

Anyhow, I don't know exactly what aspects you are
after. It may be that you'd have to do a DC analysis
to get the field of the PM, and the AC analysis to get
the field of the coil + eddy currents, etc. You can
then superimpose the results (assuming linear
materials) to get the combined solution.

Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/
[Format] = 3.0
[Frequency] = 1
[Precision] = 1e-008
[LengthUnits] = millimeters
[ProblemType] = axisymmetric
[Coordinates] = cartesian
[Comment] = "Add comments here."
[PointProps] = 0
[BdryProps] = 1
<BeginBdry>
<BdryName> = "zero"
<BdryType> = 0
<A_0> = 0
<A_1> = 0
<A_2> = 0
<Phi> = 0
<c0> = 0
<c1> = 0
<Mu_ssd> = 0
<Sigma_ssd> = 0
<EndBdry>
[BlockProps] = 5
<BeginBlock>
<BlockName> = "Air"
<Mu_x> = 1
<Mu_y> = 1
<H_c> = 0
<H_cAngle> = 0
<J_re> = 0
<J_im> = 0
<Sigma> = 0
<d_lam> = 0
<Phi_h> = 0
<LamType> = 0
<LamFill> = 1
<BHPoints> = 0
<EndBlock>
<BeginBlock>
<BlockName> = "Pure Iron"
<Mu_x> = 14872
<Mu_y> = 14872
<H_c> = 0
<H_cAngle> = 0
<J_re> = 0
<J_im> = 0
<Sigma> = 10.44
<d_lam> = 0
<Phi_h> = 0
<LamType> = 0
<LamFill> = 1
<BHPoints> = 11
0	0
0.65005000000000002	39.78875
1.1251	79.577500000000001
1.4152	159.155
1.738507	1530.335
1.8681449999999999	6886.5119999999997
2	15915.5
2.1274199999999999	39023.580000000002
2.229765	80342.630000000005
2.3321109999999998	143086.5
2.5600000000000001	318310
<EndBlock>
<BeginBlock>
<BlockName> = "Aluminum, 1100"
<Mu_x> = 1
<Mu_y> = 1
<H_c> = 0
<H_cAngle> = 0
<J_re> = 0
<J_im> = 0
<Sigma> = 34.450000000000003
<d_lam> = 0
<Phi_h> = 0
<LamType> = 0
<LamFill> = 1
<BHPoints> = 0
<EndBlock>
<BeginBlock>
<BlockName> = "NdFeB 10 MGOe (Bonded)"
<Mu_x> = 1
<Mu_y> = 1
<H_c> = 143000
<H_cAngle> = 0
<J_re> = 0
<J_im> = 0
<Sigma> = 0
<d_lam> = 0
<Phi_h> = 0
<LamType> = 0
<LamFill> = 1
<BHPoints> = 4
0	0
0.14999999999999999	8000
0.23999999999999999	24000
0.40000000000000002	143000
<EndBlock>
<BeginBlock>
<BlockName> = "Copper"
<Mu_x> = 1
<Mu_y> = 1
<H_c> = 0
<H_cAngle> = 0
<J_re> = 0
<J_im> = 0
<Sigma> = 58
<d_lam> = 0
<Phi_h> = 0
<LamType> = 0
<LamFill> = 1
<BHPoints> = 0
<EndBlock>
[CircuitProps] = 1
<BeginCircuit>
<CircuitName> = "drivecoil"
<VoltGradient_re> = 0
<VoltGradient_im> = 0
<TotalAmps_re> = 1
<TotalAmps_im> = 1
<CircuitType> = 0
<EndCircuit>
[NumPoints] = 34
500	-500	0	0
500	500	0	0
5	0	0	0
36.25	0	0	0
36.25	10	0	0
5	45	0	0
9.25	45	0	1
9.2499999999999982	10	0	0
36.25	25	0	0
16.25	25	0	0
16.25	10	0	0
36.25	45	0	0
13.100000000000001	45	0	1
13.100000000000001	25	0	1
11.850000000000001	32	0	1
11.850000000000001	44	0	1
10.350000000000001	44	0	1
10.350000000000001	32	0	1
9.2499999999999982	25	0	1
0	-500	0	0
0	500	0	0
0	0	0	0
0	45	0	0
5	47.5	0	0
9.25	47.5	0	1
36.25	47.5	0	0
13.1	47.5	0	1
12.25	47.5	0	1
12.25	25	0	1
12.25	46	0	1
12.25	29	0	1
36.25	18	0	0
16.25	18	0	0
57	76	0	0
[NumSegments] = 35
5	6	-1	0	0	0
7	10	-1	0	0	0
4	3	-1	0	0	0
3	2	-1	0	0	0
2	5	-1	0	0	0
10	4	-1	0	0	0
9	32	-1	0	0	0
32	10	-1	0	0	0
4	31	-1	0	0	0
31	8	-1	0	0	0
8	9	-1	0	0	0
12	13	-1	0	0	1
13	9	-1	0	0	0
8	11	-1	0	0	0
11	12	-1	0	0	0
15	14	-1	0	0	1
16	15	-1	0	0	1
17	14	-1	0	0	1
17	16	-1	0	0	1
1	0	-1	1	0	0
0	19	-1	1	0	0
20	1	-1	1	0	0
23	5	-1	0	0	0
24	23	-1	0	0	0
25	11	-1	0	0	0
22	21	-1	0	0	0
21	19	-1	0	0	0
22	20	-1	0	0	0
18	28	-1	0	0	0
26	25	-1	0	0	0
24	27	-1	0	0	0
27	26	-1	0	0	0
28	13	-1	0	0	0
18	7	-1	0	0	0
6	18	-1	0	0	0
[NumArcSegments] = 0
[NumHoles] = 0
[NumBlockLabels] = 7
28	30	2	0.5	0	0	0
28	17	4	0.5	0	90	0
24	3	2	0.5	0	0	0
13	17	1	-1	0	0	0
11	31	1	0.29999999999999999	0	0	1
14	100	1	-1	0	0	0
11.1	38.299999999999997	5	0.20000000000000001	1	0	1