Re: [femm] Polar coordinate in Lua commands

daidopj wrote:

Hello Dr. Meeker and all,

I have been using FEMM for about two months and really appreciate
this great software and support.

In order to make this even easier to use, I would like to point out
that some of the Lua commands are not consistent when polar grid is
used.  You may already know about this but I would like to remind you
now so that you can consider including this into the next fix you
will make (this weekend ?).  So far I found,

- following commands expect (r, theta):
  addnode, addblocklabel
- following commands expect (x, y)
  addsegment, addarc, all the Selection, Editing, and Zoom commands,
getpointvalues,

Personally, I would like all the above to be (r, theta) in the polar
grid, except for copytranslate, movetranslate, and Zoom commands.
Also, is it possible to add setgrid command in Pre-processor?

Thank you again!

Yutaka Yoshida

I haven't been really careful to support specification of points in polar coordinates from within lua.  I should go back and add in this support.  It won't be hard, but it might take a little while to root out every place that a coordinate transformation would be needed. In the mean time, it's fairly straightforward to force the lua commands to take polar coordinates by performing the transformation back to rectangular coordinates within the function call, e.g.:  addnode(r*cos(theta),r*sin(theta))

As far as the setgrid command in preprocessor, I guess that I missed that one--thanks for pointing it out.

Dave Meeker

begin:vcard
n:Meeker;David
tel;fax:781-890-3489
tel;work:781-684-4070
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://www.foster-miller.com
org:Foster-Miller, Inc.;Electrical and Electronic Systems Group
adr:;;350 Second Avenue;Waltham;MA;02451;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:dmeeker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Senior Engineer
fn:David Meeker