Re: [femm] reading out data with lua grid script

eborkent wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Thank you very much for the script of the grid. I changed it to the
> following script:
>
> handle=openfile("values.txt","w")
> for z=30,45 do
> for r=9,11 do
> Are,B1re,B2re,H1re,H2re = getpointvalues(z,r)
> write(handle,Are," ",B1re," ",B2re," ",H1re," ",H2re,"\n")
> end
> write(handle,"\n")
> end
> closefile(handle)
>
> The problem is that is does not print the B1re and H1re (so the
> radial fields). The output gives they are all zero, like in the
> output below, but they are not!

What's going on here is that the getpointvalues returns a whole bunch of
results in a certain order. You have to use some dummy variables to catch
the other values (at least through the point in the list where the values
that you are interested in live). For example, you'd want to use:
Are,Aim,B1re,B1im,B2re,B2im,Sig,E,H1re,H1im,H2re,H2im=getpointvalues(r,z)
to capture results for Are, B1re, B2re, H1re, H2re, because Are is the first
value returned, B1re is the third value returned, H1re is the 9th value
returned, and H2re is the 11th value returned.

Another quick note: I notice that you use z as the first parameter and r as
the second parameter in your getpointvalues call. For axisymmetric problems,
the routine expects r to be the first parameter and z to be the second
parameter.

Dave.

begin:vcard
n:Meeker;David
tel;fax:781-890-3489
tel;work:781-684-4070
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://www.foster-miller.com
org:Foster-Miller, Inc.;Electrical and Electronic Systems Group
adr:;;350 Second Avenue;Waltham;MA;02451;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:dmeeker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Senior Engineer
fn:David Meeker